Join us in welcoming Dr. Anita Foeman and Dr. Bessie Lawton of the West Chester University DNA Discussion Project. Here, people are learning that though we may have different family stories, we’re actually more alike than we ever knew! Tune in to watch the live show at: nissancommunications.com. Let’s continue the conversation!
By Marilyn Shannon
Isn’t it phenomenal how we connect and under what conditions we find each other. The journey for me, figuring out my life, my path, call it what you will, took many paths as a journey usually does Falling in love with people’s stories has been a huge motivator for me to want to know more about the human race, to really like people, to find their heart and to find mine. Please believe me when I say its in people’s stories that we find our human, we realize how alike we are and we see our own vulnerabilities, our own authenticity. Our stories are so darn interesting also. Where people have been, what they have accomplished, why they do things, their fears and their excitements are a turn on. Life is stranger than fiction as they say. And it really is. Hearing these stories, and understanding why actions are taken and why people feel a certain way about something removes the cob webs and instead of keeping us apart it connects us even closer in a divine place.
Everyday journalist interview interesting folks for the news right?
Everyday a novel is being written, a poem discovered, a movie produced, a reality TV show launched, all telling stories of people, their lives, and their loves
So how do we connect. hear the story and get to know each other on deeper levels?
- Ask questions when you hear something you want to know more about. Show someone you are interested and know how important they are.
- Go to the places and get involved in things that turn on your passions in order to connect with like-minded people
- Go back to school and take a memoir writing class. You will hear all sorts of behind the book/scene ways to connect
- Listen for an opening wherever you go and with whomever you are with
There are also some really cool people finding all sorts of cool ways to connect. Check this out
- Last week I wrote about Michael Wigge the guest on The Breaking Free Show Monday Feb. 10th who traveled the world for free and besides that he bought a house in Honolulu starting with an apple. How did he do that? By connecting with people of course. Telling his stories, getting to know people through their stories, allowing himself to reach out and build his dreams by building on the power of each person he met and finding their heart. Check out last weeks’ blog and the show.
- This week, Monday Feb, 17th on The Breaking Free Show I am interviewing Kurt Koontz who traveled the world for business as a top executive and then at age 36 retired and began the adventure of a lifetime. In 2012 he walked the 500-mile El Camino de Santiago, the Spanish pilgrimage route dating from medieval times. He lived a moment to moment not knowing where he would eat or sleep. And it was the stories he heard from other pilgrims and taking a deeper look into himself that led him on a thought-provoking life path. He will tell us his stories.
- One of my favorite ways to connect and hear people’s stories is through the use of a Native American Talking Stick. The stick is used to create a sacred space for listening to another’s point of view and story. I have started talking stick circles with all age groups, mixing gender, some groups are harmonious and others conflicted. And you want to know what? No matter how the group comes together or their dynamics they connect in a profound space because the stick is holding the power of each person in the circle and those they consciously bring in. Their story, the part of themselves that they share is drawn out because of the feeling of love they experience from an other human.
People cherish connection and sometimes just need a compass, an inspiration, and a helping hand. Once a connection is made their communication is non verbal, warm and full. One connection at a time will bring wholeness to our planet, abundance, and joy
Who will you connect with today and in what ingenious and unique way can you find to bring a heart to a heart?